Monday, March 30, 2015

#Together with a friend in Mumbai



There sometimes arrive times when we are so troubled and bogged down that we do not want to get off our beds and want to sleep all day hugging our pillows close to our hearts. I had felt the same not many years ago when I arrived in Mumbai to pursue my bachelors in media studies. Far away from home, I had led myself into living a monotonous life where I had no friends and people to call my own.

My college was 45 kms away and my pursuit for a qualifying graduate degree meant I had to wake up at 5 every morning to get ready and catch a local train flooding with humanity to reach my college exhausted as a bull would be after having ploughed a field. Taking a bath was a worthless effort as I would be drenched in the sweat of a hundred odd other people in the course of my travel.

Living life alone was a tough affair and nothing seemed to be going my way. However, life changed after I came to know Pinku. Pinku was my first friend in class who I had initially assumed to be a fool, but later had come to become best friends with.

A bike accident in my school days had caused a severe head injury which had rendered me with an epileptic problem. I still remember the first attack that had struck me in the second month of college and how I woke up in the hospital bed confused over all that had happened over the past 3 hours. An attack of seizure was the last thing I would have wanted in a city which I had come to live only a month ago, But Pinku had made it seem all easy. He had taken me home that night and aunty had fed me with a simple meal of dal and roti which seemed like heaven after all the outside food I had been living on for the last 30 odd days.

I stayed for over 4 days straight, going to college and returning back like it were my own home. Aunty would daily ask me what I would like to have while uncle would ensure I was doing fine. Pinku was only too happy to have me over for company. I left on the 5th day, after I had started to feel embarrassed for having stayed for so long. To my surprise, I was abused for long by Pinku for thinking that way and was coerced by his parents to stay back for a few more days. Giving into their coercion, I stayed for one night longer and remember having left for my lodging with misty eyes. This was my first #together moment in the City of Dreams.


Now you can make your own beautiful moments with https://housing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment